Replication between servers with different mail_home path

Arie Peterson ariep at xs4all.nl
Thu Apr 19 22:29:13 EEST 2018

Hi,

I have two dovecot servers that are configured to be replicated using
dsync over ssh. This has been working well for a long time.

Recently I changed the mail_home path on one of the servers, because of
mail data migration. The old file system is still available, but has been
made read-only for now – I plan to remove it once everything runs
smoothly again.

Now it seems replication is failing: the mail.err log file on both
servers has lots of error messages saying that it tried to open a file
on the old location and failed because it is read-only.

Is this setup, with different mail_home paths on the two servers being
replicated, even supported? If so, do I need to specify this explicitly
in the configuration? I couldn't find relevant settings in the
documentation.