Set X-Original-To based an ORCPT?

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Thu Aug 9 00:49:14 EEST 2018

Op 07/08/2018 om 15:29 schreef Tom Sommer:
> On 2018-08-07 13:07, Marco Giunta wrote:
>> Hi,
>> to get a 'Delivered-to' header based on ORCPT, I wrote a patch
>> (attached) to force Dovecot lmtp to advertise DSN after a LHLO command.
>> In this way, Postfix add an ORCPT to the RCTP command
>> (http://postfix.1071664.n5.nabble.com/pipe-flags-vs-lmtp-td11587.html#a11596).
>>

>> Be carefully: in this way DSN notification is broken, but they were
>> broken in any case at the time I wrote the patch (read the entire post
>> linked above).
>>
>> The first patch is for Dovecot 2.2.x: after apply, you cannot disable
>> the DSN advertisement. The other is for Dovecot 2.3.0: you can
>> enable/disable the advertisement using the new bool parameter
>> 'lmtp_lhlo_dsn'.
>
> Interesting that support is actually built in, but simply not advertised.
>
> https://github.com/dovecot/core/commit/38f624b427aa8b6fad3765e6efd97c85a7f97a09

That is for Dovecot to Dovecot proxying. It only recognizes the ORCPT
parameter. Servers advertising DSN have a responsibility to send the
required DSN messages, which Dovecot LMTP currently omits and which is
why it doesn't advertise DSN support.

> Maybe there is a plan?

There is some talk on the subject. Main problem is that DSN is not
documented for LTMP.

Regards,

Stephan.