doveadm mailbox delete not working

Aki Tuomi aki.tuomi at dovecot.fi
Wed Aug 15 20:23:56 EEST 2018

Actually you are using separator /, so making folder

INBOX/[Test / Test] =>

"INBOX" sep "[Test " sep " Test]"

but it will not create "INBOX/[ Test " (it will be noselect folder, parent for "INBOX/[Test / Test]")

and thus will be deleted once you delete INBOX/[Test / Test]

"doveadm(testuser1): Error: Can't delete mailbox INBOX/[Test : Mailbox has children, delete them first"

also mailbox list has feature that it will always list whatever folder you give it, so even if you do

doveadm mailbox list "This Does Not Exist"

you will still see it. A feature, not a bug. =)

you could try

doveadm exec imap -u victim
LIST "INBOX/" "*"

to see which are the select, and which are the noselect parent ones, they should go away once you delete the children.

Aki