creation of ssl-parameters fails

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Sun Aug 19 20:43:13 EEST 2018

Well, on that machine it took now more than an hour. But it created the
same 769 bytes file as on the other machines. And, foreseeable, that one
fails to transform as well.

-rw-r--r--  1 root root  360 Aug  7  2017 ssl-parameters.dat
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  769 Aug 19 19:25 ssl-parameters.new.dat

I cannot remember how I created the first one, I don't seem to have a
record about that. Google says that dovecot would create the ssl-
parameters.dat file by itself on first startup. Does or did it do that?
If so, then it uses a different creation process. On that machine I had
the default dovecot installed and running before going to 2.3. On the new
machines I jumped right to 2.3 without ever running 2.2. Maybe 2.3 is not
creating this file?

Kai