where are stored attachments

Aki Tuomi aki.tuomi at dovecot.fi
Wed Aug 29 08:39:08 EEST 2018

Can you provide output of doveconf -n?

---Aki TuomiDovecot oy
-------- Original message --------From: Poliman - Serwis <serwis at poliman.pl> Date: 29/08/2018  08:20  (GMT+02:00) To: Aki Tuomi <aki.tuomi at dovecot.fi> Cc: dovecot <dovecot at dovecot.org> Subject: Re: where are stored attachments
Sorry, I have checked before I wrote first post. Based on docs - the path should be in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf or /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-mail.conf (I have Ubuntu 16.04 LTS). I have some familiar lines in 10-mail.conf:#mail_attachment_dir =#mail_attachment_min_size = 128k
#mail_attachment_fs = sis posix
#mail_attachment_hash = %{sha1}

but all these lines are commented out. So - in theory - dovecot does not store attachments anywhere but when I log into i.e. Roundcube, I have there mails with attachments. In Maildir/cur I see formatted files related with specific emails. These with attachments have specific hash at the bottom of content. As we could suppose they are hashed by sha1. But still no idea where are real files, which I can download after login to mailbox.

Check your configuration

---Aki TuomiDovecot oy
-------- Original message --------From: Poliman - Serwis <serwis at poliman.pl> Date: 28/08/2018  16:40  (GMT+02:00) To: dovecot <dovecot at dovecot.org> Subject: where are stored attachments
Hi! I would like to know where are stored attachments for mails stored in /var/vmail/domain.com/user/Maildir ? Specific email has only hash included at the bottom of message.

--
Pozdrawiam / Best Regards
Piotr Bracha

--