Mailing list address harvested for spamming

Michael A. Peters mpeters at domblogger.net
Sun Dec 2 04:05:47 EET 2018

On 12/01/2018 05:49 PM, Ralph Seichter wrote:
> * Michael A. Peters:
>
>> Netiquette posts are just someone's opinion, and they often don't take
>> into account the vastly different way different types of minds work.
>
> Mailing list netiquette has been around for decades, for good reasons.
> If Joe User's mind "works differently", Joe needs to make the effort to
> adapt to existing conventions instead of expecting conventions (and
> thereby other people) to change.
>
> -Ralph

That is the opinion of some.

But - I would wager that over 95% of the time when someone hits the
reply button on a list post, their intent is to reply to the list.

If netiquette is why that sometimes fails, then netiquette does not
match common usage and is the problem.

I would wager that most people are clueless to how mail headers work,
not should most people need to.