Mailing list address harvested for spamming

Ralph Seichter m16+dovecot at monksofcool.net
Sun Dec 2 04:18:01 EET 2018

* Michael A. Peters:

> I would wager that over 95% of the time when someone hits the reply
> button on a list post, their intent is to reply to the list.

You'd lose that wager. This list, like many others, has a "List-Post"
header embedded in every single message posted. People need to use smart
MUAs (or the proper key combination) to reply to the list.

As part of my job, I process literally hundreds of mailing list messages
on a nearly daily basis, and never found it taxing or confusing. Existing
conventions make it easier for me to handle this load, and I have zero
patience for people who refuse to use the right tools for the job.

-Ralph