BUG: sieve does not set seen-Flag [SOLVED]

Jakobus Schürz wertstoffe at nurfuerspam.de
Mon Dec 10 02:27:32 EET 2018

Hello!

I think i got it. This weekend i setup a totally new Mailserver for
testing purpose.
First to the default-setup and used a file for userdb.
Then I activated ldap-authentication.
Moving emails around does not changed the \Seen-state (how it should be)
Then i copied my 10-mail.conf to the new server. And moving a message to
an other folder sets it as \Recent and unseen... So the bug must be in
this file...

My setup uses separat directories for INDEX anc CONTROL in
/var/lib/dovecot... and INDEXPVT for shared boxes and even the INBOX...

Then I removed all the separate INDEX, CONTROL an INDEXPVT-options for
mail_location so thant only

mail_location = maildir:/var/mail/%u/Maildir:LAYOUT=fs

was left. And moving messages arround let them stay unseen.

Then i added INDEX, CONTROL and INDEXPVT step by step and tested the
setup...

At least i had again

mail_location = maildir:/var/mail/%u/Maildir:LAYOUT=fs:INDEX=/var/lib/dovecot/db/indexes/Maildir/%u:INDEXPVT=/var/lib/dovecot/db/indexes/Maildir/%u:CONTROL=/var/lib/dovecot/db/control/Maildir/%u

Moving messages with INDEXPVT in the config sets messages again to
\Recent and unseen in the new Folder. Without INDEXPVT an unseen message
stays unseen...

So i think, the problem is solved.

Bye jakob