BUG: sieve does not set seen-Flag

Steffen Kaiser skdovecot at inf.h-brs.de
Thu Dec 6 11:54:43 EET 2018

On Wed, 5 Dec 2018, Jakobus Schürz wrote:

> Am 05.12.18 um 22:19 schrieb Ralph Seichter:
>> * Jakobus Schürz:
>>
>>> Does it matter, if the keyword-files do not match?

I think it does not matter.

>>> 6 Seen
>> This does not look right to me. AFAIK, "Seen" should not appear in this
>> list, because it is one of the predefined flags, but that is also a

> Ok. I use dovecot as a service... i did nothing, which is not said in
> the official dovecot doku... so... Seen is in this file... Dovecot must
> write it down there... because i did it not... i work with thunderbird,
> gmail and horde... so dovecot must wrote it itself...

Yes, Dovecot write it there, but a client instructed Dovecot to do so as
keyword (tag or whatever it is named), maybe the Sieve script was it.

Seen in this file is not the "seen" status of IMAP.

To get deeper into the problem, I would:

1) edit the dovecot-keywords files to spell "Seen" as "XSeen", in order to
make sure this setting (local keyword) does not interfere with \Seen
(global IMAP flag)

2) change (I know it should not matter)

addflag "Junk \\seen";

into

addflag "Junk";
addflag "\\Seen";

3) use a file dump tool to verify that "what you see is what you've
typed", meaning that "\\Seen" is really ASCII \\Seen, e.g. in Linux:

hd sieve-script

- --
Steffen Kaiser