Upgrade to 2.3.1 has failed

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sat Dec 15 00:44:49 EET 2018

Am 14.12.2018 um 19:58 schrieb C. Andrews Lavarre:
> Thanks for the input. I've checked out your suggestions (details below)
> but unfortunately no joy.
> I also restored my backup 10-ssl.conf. It indeed has the "<" sign with
> a space before the explicit paths to the files:
>      ssl_cert = </etc/certbot/live/privustech.com/fullchain.pem
>      ssl_key = </etc/certbot/live/privustech.com/privkey.pem

Hi,

the syntax you see in the documentation is mandatory. Your issue is
really a permissions problem.

Check your AppArmor setup. The path you use for storing the chained
certificate and the private key is certainly not known to AppArmor. See
your /var/log/audit/audit.log for indications.

https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/leap/security/html/book.security/cha.apparmor.managing.html

may help.

Btw. permissions setting to 0777, especially for the cert and key, is
awful, even for debugging issues.

Alexander