Upgrade to 2.3.1 has failed

C. Andrews Lavarre alavarre at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 18:16:36 EET 2018

Alexander good afternoon. Thank you. I have spent the day learning
about AppArmor:
	• I've reviewed your link, found /etc/apparmor.d/ and its local/ directory.
	• I ran aa-logprof and it found the change in stat to old-stat
that is discussed in the upgrade documentation. So I Allow (A) that.
There are no other reports.
	• I followed the discussion on using yast to manage the
profiles. I'm on ssh to the server so do not have the GUI yast, only
the ncurses version and it does not contain editing, only adding,
profiles.
		I tried creating a profile for imap-login with that method and
scanned for any issues, there were none reported, but still cannot log
in.
	• I followed the local/README to explicitly add
	/etc/certbot/live/privustech.com/* r,

		to /etc/apparmor.d/local/usr.lib.dovecot.imap-login but still
cannot login with either the mail client or with explicit openssl: it
complains
		error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown
protocol:s23_clnt.c:794:

		I check yast2 sw_single for the dovecot installation. Indeed
the module dovecot23-xxx where xxx is anything that looks like "clnt" (
client?) does not exist. Is there a missing module in my installation?
It lists only
	dovecot
		dovecot23
		dovecot23-backend-mysql