doveadm expunge didn't clear Trash mailbox

Joseph Tam jtam.home at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 09:22:33 EEST 2018

I wrote:

>> I was going to suggest that you dump the savedbefore dates on all your
>> messages to see what Dovecot thinks your message's timestamps are.
>> I tried it out myself and was surprised to find *all* messages in *any*
>> mailbox I looked at gave the same timestamp -- probably that of the
>> latest message.
>>
>> For example,
>>
>> 	# doveadm -f tab fetch -u {user} "uid date.saved" mailbox Trash
>> 	uid     date.saved
>> 	23624   2018-07-18 14:50:03
>> 	23625   2018-07-18 14:50:03
>> 		[... 3657 lines removed ...]
>> 	27295   2018-07-18 14:50:03
>> 	27296   2018-07-18 14:50:03
>> 	27297   2018-07-18 14:50:03

I wrote about a related issue several years back, starting with

 	https://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2012-March/134706.html

I'm not sure how I got over this and got usable "date.saved" cache values,
and why it stopped working.  Maybe I need to set something like

 	mail_always_cache_fields = date.saved
 	mail_cache_fields = date.saved

to force date.saved to be cached.

On Thu, 19 Jul 2018, Sophie Loewenthal wrote:

> And here is mine. All dates are todays!
>
> # doveadm -f tab fetch -u test at example.org "uid date.saved" mailbox Trash
> uid	date.saved
> 6829	2018-07-18 06:04:50
> 6830	2018-07-18 11:10:13
> 6831	2018-07-18 16:16:15
> SNIP a lot of lines...
> 6873	2018-07-18 18:54:07
> 6874	2018-07-18 18:54:07
> 6875	2018-07-18 18:54:07
> 6876	2018-07-18 18:54:07
> 6877	2018-07-18 21:23:08

You may or may not have the same problem I do -- your timestamps actually
differ, whereas mine are all the same.

Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>