doveadm expunge didn't clear Trash mailbox

Joseph Tam jtam.home at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 03:26:34 EEST 2018

On Wed, 18 Jul 2018, Joseph Tam wrote:

> I wrote about a related issue several years back, starting with
>
> 	https://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2012-March/134706.html
>
> I'm not sure how I got over this and got usable "date.saved" cache values,
> and why it stopped working.  Maybe I need to set something like
>
> 	mail_always_cache_fields = date.saved
> 	mail_cache_fields = date.saved
>
> to force date.saved to be cached.

This doesn't work -- it's not a cachable value.

To get around the wonky date.saved values, I used date.received
instead, which seems to have more reliable values

 	doveadm -f tab fetch -u {user} "uid date.received" mailbox {box}

and the corresponding expunge command would be

 	doveadm expunge -u {user} mailbox {box} BEFORE {time-limit}

It not quite the same as it's not the time it was copied into
{box} but rather, the internal date, which may be earlier (i.e when
it was received).

Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>