OT: 'lost' emails

Michael A. Peters mpeters at domblogger.net
Fri Jul 20 13:59:03 EEST 2018

On 07/20/2018 03:31 AM, Voytek wrote:
> I suspect this is mail client issue, but looking for any suggestions:
>
> user with Thunderbird says " I'm losing emails, mail is not in inbox,
> but, when I search, that email shows in search result, but, I can't open
> the email body" i don't fully understand what he was trying to say, and,
> won't be able to look at his PC till Monday.
>
> Looking at inbox's 'cur' directory, I can see the'missing' email amongst
> the other 2000 emails in 'cur'
>
> Is there any indexing I should do on the user's email folder, how?
>
> or, is this purely Thunderbird issue, and, I need to re index Thunderbird?

> --

I'm using 45.8.0 because I experienced weird things with newer (CentOS)
such as inability to use self-signed certs properly, but I didn't
experience that issue.

Not sure if that was CentOS 7 issue or Thunderbird, but the newer
versions did give me trouble.

That issue though sounds like corrupted client database, not sure if
there is a way to rebuild it but I suspect there is.

I experienced similar issues frequently in evolution, hence why I
switched to thunderbird.