getmail, dovecot, virtual users

David Mehler dave.mehler at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 16:46:44 EET 2018

Hello,

I've got a dovecot setup with virtual users coming from a MySQL
database. The only system user I have is the vmail owner of the email
store. What i'd like to do is use the program getmail to back up my
gmail account and place that in my user's virtual mail store. I'm
having issues making the configuration file and where to put it.
Should it go in the virtual user's home directory or somewhere else
and run by which user root or the vmail user?

If anyone has this working any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.
Dave.