getmail, dovecot, virtual users

Robert Schetterer rs at sys4.de
Mon Mar 5 18:44:14 EET 2018

Am 05.03.2018 um 15:46 schrieb David Mehler:
> Hello,
>
> I've got a dovecot setup with virtual users coming from a MySQL
> database. The only system user I have is the vmail owner of the email
> store. What i'd like to do is use the program getmail to back up my
> gmail account and place that in my user's virtual mail store. I'm
> having issues making the configuration file and where to put it.
> Should it go in the virtual user's home directory or somewhere else
> and run by which user root or the vmail user?
>
> If anyone has this working any suggestions appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
> Dave.

here is a example

https://blog.sys4.de/abholdienst-fur-mail-de.html

[destination]
type = MDA_external
path = /usr/lib/dovecot/deliver
arguments = ("-d", "user at server.com")
user = vmail
group = vmail

may the magic youre looking for

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer

--
[*] sys4 AG

http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG, 80333 München