Outlook 2016 IMAP trouble

Robert Schetterer rs at sys4.de
Mon Mar 5 18:40:03 EET 2018

Am 05.03.2018 um 09:45 schrieb G:
> Hello List,
>
> I'm facing an issue with dovecot (2.2.27) IMAP  and Outlook as a client.
> I have some users that use
> Outlook (2016) as  a client . One of them has a desktop PC in the office
> and a laptop machine
> which I've setup some days ago . The user did some work, during the
> weekend, in his laptop
> (filling messages into IMAP folders) and to his (and mine) surprise,
> today in the office he saw that none of his
> work is reflected on the server. Messages are not where they supposed to
> be .Tomorrow he will bring the laptop
> over to check, but I have seen this problem again in the past  again
> with outlook 2016 as a client
> (specifically I've had a user which during work he was deleting or
> renaming folders which appear fine
> on his copy of outlook (ost) but not on the server). Anyone has any
> experience with dovecot and outlook
> and related problems ?
>

> thanks in advance
> George

i have no Outlook 2016 to test but if you setup is right
no trouble should come up, however simply look in the dovecot log files
what your user did, perhaps he was offline and only thinking that he
synced via imap

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer

--
[*] sys4 AG

http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG, 80333 München