Outlook 2016 IMAP trouble

Robert Giles rgiles at arlut.utexas.edu
Mon Mar 5 18:44:59 EET 2018

On 2018-03-05 at 10:40, Robert Schetterer wrote:
> Am 05.03.2018 um 09:45 schrieb G:
>> Hello List,
>>
>> I'm facing an issue with dovecot (2.2.27) IMAP  and Outlook as a client.
 >>
>> George
>
> i have no Outlook 2016 to test but if you setup is right
> no trouble should come up, however simply look in the dovecot log files
> what your user did, perhaps he was offline and only thinking that he
> synced via imap

I've observed similar behavior for a user with Outlook 2013 and Panda
IMAP;  when synchronization failed for whatever reason, Outlook wasn't
very verbose about it, and the user continued operating for several
months not realizing their local mailbox had entirely diverged from the
"true" contents on the IMAP server.

Robert