expiring mail from root's Maildirs?

LuKreme kremels at kreme.com
Fri May 4 21:40:05 EEST 2018

On May 4, 2018, at 10:28, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl at libertytrek.org> wrote:
> On Fri May 04 2018 10:59:22 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time), LuKreme
> <kremels at kreme.com> wrote:
>> The mail is crontab mail that is sent out to users via mutt. What would be the "right” way to do this? (The cron tasks run as root because they are scanning system logs on behalf of certain users and those scans cannot be run as the user.)
>
> Alias the local 'root' user to another account. This is best practice
> anyway...

For incoming mail the root user is aliased, but mail sent from cron via mutt is saved in root's home folder (was in /root/sent but I did get mutt to save it in /root/Maildir/.Sent/ instead.

I don't see anyway to change this, so I was hoping to expire the mail via doveadm.

--
My main job is trying to come up with new and innovative and effective ways to reject even more mail. I'm up to about 97% now.