expiring mail from root's Maildirs?

Benny Pedersen me at junc.eu
Sat May 5 01:07:28 EEST 2018

LuKreme skrev den 2018-05-04 20:40:

>> Alias the local 'root' user to another account. This is best practice
>> anyway...

+1

> For incoming mail the root user is aliased, but mail sent from cron
> via mutt is saved in root's home folder (was in /root/sent but I did
> get mutt to save it in /root/Maildir/.Sent/ instead.

outgoing mail should not be stored into root uid 0

but that is still not sure mutt does allow that

try imap: auth, and do stay away from filesystem as root user

> I don't see anyway to change this, so I was hoping to expire the mail
> via doveadm.

in gentoo its

# cat /etc/mail/aliases

root: some-other-unix-login

or

root: some-other-email-with-snable-a

after this file is edited, issue a "newaliases && postfix reload" :)