Core dump during UID Search

Bert JW Regeer xistence at 0x58.com
Fri Nov 16 02:17:53 EET 2018

Hey all,

I keep finding core dumps of the IMAP process on my FreeBSD 11.2, however the backtrace is not very useful:

Core was generated by `imap: [xistence at 0x58.com 2601:282:4301:befc:1cfb:807f:e527:5a3b UID SEARCH]'.
Program terminated with signal 6, Aborted.
#0  0x0000000011c0c47a in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x0000000011c0c47a in ?? ()
#1  0x0000000011c0c444 in ?? ()
#2  0x00000000000188b0 in cmd_store ()
#3  0x0000000011c0c3b9 in ?? ()
#4  0x0000000012216810 in ?? ()
#5  0x0000000000000005 in ?? ()
#6  0xffffffdf00000000 in ?? ()
#7  0xffffffffffffffff in ?? ()
#8  0x00007fffffffffff in ?? ()
#9  0x0000000000000005 in ?? ()
#10 0x00007fffffffe240 in ?? ()
#11 0x000000001189c6f6 in ?? ()
#12 0x0000000012355e28 in ?? ()
#13 0x00000000122de048 in ?? ()
#14 0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()
(gdb)

I am sorry that I haven't been able to find any more information or figure out what is going on :-(

doveconf -n output follows:

doveconf -n
# 2.3.2.1 (0719df592): /usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# Pigeonhole version 0.5.2 (7704de5e)
# OS: FreeBSD 11.2-RELEASE-p4 amd64
# Hostname: juxi.0x58.com
auth_mechanisms = plain login
first_valid_gid = 127
first_valid_uid = 127
hostname = butler.0x58.com
last_valid_gid = 127
last_valid_uid = 127
lmtp_save_to_detail_mailbox = yes
login_greeting = Assume the position.
mail_gid = 127
mail_home = /usr/local/vmail/domains/%d/%n
mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir/
mail_plugins = " quota trash zlib virtual "
mail_uid = 127
managesieve_notify_capability = mailto
managesieve_sieve_capability = fileinto reject envelope encoded-character vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex imap4flags copy include variables body enotify environment mailbox date ihave duplicate
namespace butler {
  hidden = no
  list = yes
  location = virtual:/usr/local/vmail/virtual:LAYOUT=maildir++:INDEX=~/virtual
  mailbox All {
    auto = subscribe
    special_use = \All
  }
  mailbox Flagged {
    auto = subscribe
    special_use = \Flagged
  }
  prefix = [Butler]/
  separator = /
  subscriptions = yes
  type = private
}
namespace inbox {
  inbox = yes
  location =
  mailbox Drafts {
    special_use = \Drafts
  }
  mailbox Junk {
    auto = subscribe
    special_use = \Junk
  }
  mailbox Sent {
    special_use = \Sent
  }
  mailbox "Sent Messages" {
    special_use = \Sent
  }
  mailbox Trash {
    special_use = \Trash
  }
  prefix =
  separator = /
  subscriptions = yes
}
passdb {
  args = scheme=CRYPT username_format=%u /usr/local/vmail/domains/%d/passwd
  driver = passwd-file
}
plugin {
  fts = squat
  quota = maildir:User quota
  quota_rule = *:storage=5G
  quota_rule2 = Trash:storage=+100M
  quota_rule3 = Deleted Messages:storage=+100M
  recipient_delimiter = +
  sieve = ~/.dovecot.sieve
  sieve_dir = ~/sieve
  stats_refresh = 30 secs
}
postmaster_address = postmaster at butler.0x58.com
protocols = imap lmtp sieve
service auth {
    group = postfix
    mode = 0666
    user = postfix
  }
  unix_listener auth-userdb {
    group = vmail
    mode = 0666
    user = vmail
  }
}
service imap {
  drop_priv_before_exec = yes
}
service lmtp {
  unix_listener /var/spool/postfix/private/dovecot-lmtp {
    group = postfix
    mode = 0666
    user = postfix
  }
}
service managesieve-login {
  inet_listener sieve {
    port = 4190
  }
}
service stats {
  fifo_listener stats-mail {
    mode = 0600
    user = vmail
  }
}
ssl_cert = </usr/home/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.sh/certs/butler.0x58.com/fullchain.pem
ssl_cipher_list = HIGH:!SSLv2:!RC4:!3DES:!aNULL:@STRENGTH
ssl_dh =  # hidden, use -P to show it
ssl_key =  # hidden, use -P to show it
ssl_prefer_server_ciphers = yes
userdb {
  args = username_format=%u /usr/local/vmail/domains/%d/passwd
  default_fields = quota_rule=*:storage=3G
  driver = passwd-file
}
verbose_proctitle = yes
verbose_ssl = yes
protocol lmtp {
  mail_plugins = " quota trash zlib virtual sieve"
}
protocol lda {
  mail_plugins = " quota trash zlib virtual sieve"
}
protocol imap {
  mail_plugins = " quota trash zlib virtual fts fts_squat imap_quota imap_zlib"
}