Calendar function ?

Patrick Ben Koetter p at sys4.de
Sun Oct 21 22:16:47 EEST 2018

* André Rodier <andre at rodier.me>:
> On 2018-10-21 16:33, mj wrote:
> > On 10/21/2018 01:22 PM, Maurizio Caloro wrote:
> > > Please this are a complet Grouware solutions, are possible to use
> > > from this only the Calendar Synchronization and
> > >
> > > Date, Appontment functionality ?
> > >

> > If that is hat you need, perhas you should checkout sogo:
> >
> > https://sogo.nu/
> >
> > We have been running it for years, with the same backend-components
> > you are using: postfix and dovecot. (and active directory)
> >
> > MJ
>
> Hello Maurizio,
>
> I am interested to add Sogo to the mail server I have, and your feedback
> would be very interesting.
>
> I use postfix and dovecot as well, but I have a few questions:
>
> - Do I have to implement shared folders in order to share calendars?

No, you don't. You control sharing calendars either via the SOGo admin
interface or by yourself, when you allow access to your calendar.

> - Are the calendars and address books are in fact, stored in IMAP folders.

No, they aren't. SOGo stores them in a database, e.g. a PostgreSQL server.
You access the calendar either (natively) via the SOGo web interface or with a
client that speaks either CalDAV or ActiveSync. In both cases the client
connects to a http(s)-server that proxies connections to the SOGo sogod
server. This server takes care of ACLs and logic and it also accesses the
data backend, i.e. the SQL database.

> - If yes, are these folders hidden?

There aren't any.

p at rick

--
[*] sys4 AG

https://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG,80333 München