FTS delays

Timo Sirainen timo at sirainen.com
Tue Apr 2 11:30:26 EEST 2019

On 2 Apr 2019, at 6.38, Joan Moreau via dovecot <dovecot at dovecot.org> wrote:

> Further on this topic:
>

> When choosing any headers in the search box, dovecot core calls the plugin TWICE (and returns the results quickly, but not immediatly after getting the IDs from the plugins)
>
> When choosing the BODY search, dovecot core calls the plugin ONCE (and never returns) (whereas the plugins returns properly the IDs)

If we simplify this, do you mean this calls it once and is fast:

doveadm search -u user at domain mailbox inbox body helloworld

But this calls twice and is slow:

doveadm search -u user at domain mailbox inbox text helloworld

And what about searching e.g. subject? :

doveadm search -u user at domain mailbox inbox subject helloworld

And does the slowness depend on whether there were any matches or not?

> This is based on GIT version. (previous versions were working properly)

Previous versions were fast? Do you mean v2.3.5?