FTS delays

Joan Moreau jom at grosjo.net
Wed Apr 3 13:30:13 EEST 2019

Example from real life

>From Roubdcube, I serach "milan" in full message (body & headers)

Logs :

Apr 3 10:24:01 gjserver dovecot[29778]:
imap(jom at grosjo.net)<30311><4pACp52FfCF/AAAB>: Query : ( bcc:milan OR
body:milan OR cc:milan OR from:milan OR message-id:milan OR
subject:milan OR to:milan OR uid:milan )
Apr 3 10:24:01 gjserver dovecot[29778]:
imap(jom at grosjo.net)<30311><4pACp52FfCF/AAAB>: Query: 81 results in 2 ms

81 results is correct

but Roundcube times out

from command line, I do :

doveadm search -u jom at grosjo.net mailbox inbox text milan

output

doveadm(jom at grosjo.net): Info: Query : ( bcc:inbox OR body:inbox OR
cc:inbox OR from:inbox OR message-id:inbox OR subject:inbox OR to:inbox
OR uid:inbox ) AND ( bcc:milan OR body:milan OR cc:milan OR from:milan
OR message-id:milan OR subject:milan OR to:milan OR uid:milan )
doveadm(jom at grosjo.net): Info: Query: 1 results in 1 ms
d82b4b0f550d38593644000095331209 847
d82b4b0f550d38593644000095331209 1569
d82b4b0f550d38593644000095331209 2260
d82b4b0f550d38593644000095331209 2575
d82b4b0f550d38593644000095331209 2811
d82b4b0f550d38593644000095331209 2885
d82b4b0f550d38593644000095331209 3038
d82b4b0f550d38593644000095331209 3121
d82b4b0f550d38593644000095331209 3170

1 - The query is wrong

2 - teh last line "d8...209 3170" gets repeated for ages