TFA authentication in dovecot, using XMPP and RFC 4226

Michael Peddemors michael at linuxmagic.com
Wed Apr 3 19:14:36 EEST 2019

The issue related to plugins that use or advertise other capabilities,
is that is has to have a hook to modify what's advertised. We are having
that same challenge where we use CLIENTID as a component for two factor
as well, but of course the important thing before we can release the
plugin, is for the ability for plugins to "advertise" capabilities.

Still waiting for that to get the green light on our patch, so we can
publish some of our plugins related to this, and other things that
require the ability to advertise the capability string.

Variable Capabilities Patch
https://github.com/dovecot/core/pull/86

As an aside, another aggressive botnet launched on April 1st, trying to
test all the information in the large breached data, appears to be
'verifications.io' breach.. As long as these types of breaches occur, we
need more universal methods for two factor.. hoping to see movement on
that pull request, so we can share more of what we are doing in our
custom environments.

--
"Catch the Magic of Linux..."