FTS delays

Joan Moreau jom at grosjo.net
Fri Apr 5 14:33:57 EEST 2019

Hi

If you plan to fix the FTS part of Dovecot, I will be very gratefull.
Not sure this is related to any specific commit but rahter the overall
design

The list of bugs so far

1 - Double call to fts plugins with inconsistent parameter (first call
diferent from second call for the same request)

2 - "Rescan" features for now consists of deleting indexes. SHall be
resending emails to rescan to the fts plugin instead

3 - the loop when body search (just do a "doveadm search -u user at domain
mailbox inbox text whatevertexte")

Refer to my email to Timo on 2019-04-03 18:30 on the same thread for bug
details

(especially the loop)

4 - Most notably, I notice that header search usually does not care
about fts plugin (even with fts_enforced) and rely on some internal
search , which si total non-sense

Let me know how can I help on thos 4 points