Trying to install Mailcrypt, receive completely blank emails

sewing sewing at flexitool.net
Thu Aug 22 06:12:37 EEST 2019

Hi - perhaps someone can help me.

Starting from a good and well-functioning mailserver setup, I have installed
MailCrypt as per the instructions (I think) to have the per-user passworded
keys setup.

dovecot.conf

/Added:/
mail_attribute_dict = file:%h/Maildir/dovecot-attributes
mail_plugins = $mail_plugins mail_crypt

dovecot-sql.conf.ext

/commented this/ #password_query = SELECT email as user, password FROM
virtual_users WHERE email='%u';
/Added this/
password_query = SELECT \
email as user, password, \
'%w' AS userdb_mail_crypt_private_password \
FROM virtual_users  WHERE email='%u';

90-plugin.conf

/Updated this section/
plugin {
mail_crypt_curve = secp521r1
mail_crypt_save_version = 2
/Have also tried all configurations this option set
/#mail_crypt_require_encrypted_user_key = yes
}

/The user is in the mailserver SQL database:/

| user                 | password
| userdb_mail_crypt_private_password |
+----------------------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+------------------------------------+
| user at domain |
4t63ttt36tttttt3rt6r763r76t8998t858t4y48ht4huu4hti.76876t847t47yt4ty478yt4wgwygfwffweggggggggggwy8yey83//FElgiApZU.
| %w

/I have reissued the keys as other problem resolutions have instructed to
do, and I can see the new keys are active./
doveadm -o plugin/mail_crypt_private_password=(same password as user at domain
when created in SQL) mailbox cryptokey generate -u user at domain -UR

/I have restarted dovecot and postfix each time./

/I then send an email either from the user at domain > user at domain OR
otheruser at otherdomain > user at domain from Outlook. Authentication is fine
(POP and SMTP).
No errors appear in any logs - the logs show the mail as being received and
I can see the mail in the user at domain /cur folder. If I try to Postcat any
of these messages I get:/

postcat '1*********2.M**********3.(host),S=633,W=649:2,S'
*** ENVELOPE RECORDS 1*********2.M*********3.(host),S=633,W=649:2,S ***
message_size: YPTED
postcat: fatal: invalid size record: YPTED???

*/Within a minute or so I receive the email in the Outlook Inbox - except it
is completely empty of anything.
There is no TO / FROM/ SUBJECT / Body or even Routing information. See
screencaps from Outlook/*

<http://dovecot.2317879.n4.nabble.com/file/t5785/message_list_view.jpg>

<http://dovecot.2317879.n4.nabble.com/file/t5785/empty-emails.jpg>
/This happens with existing user mailboxes and new test mailboxes I create.

If I deactivate Mailcrypt all mailboxes/user-accounts work fine.

Any ideas???

I would like to get the working - thanks in advance for your expertise and
time!/

Graham

--
Sent from: http://dovecot.2317879.n4.nabble.com/