Shared namespace is empty after migration to new Dovecot installation

Peter Reinhold peter_dovecot at reinhold.dk
Tue Dec 17 12:09:29 EET 2019

On 2019-12-10 21:17, Peter Reinhold via dovecot wrote:

>> auth-master: userdb lookup(user at sharer.dk): Started userdb lookup
>> auth-master: conn unix:/var/run/dovecot/auth-userdb: Connecting
>> auth-master: conn unix:/var/run/dovecot/auth-userdb (pid=1636,uid=0):
>> Client connected (fd=9)
>> auth-master: userdb lookup(user at sharer.dk): auth USER input:
>> user at sharer.dk uid=? gid=? home=/data/mail/sharer.dk/user
>> auth-master: userdb lookup(user at sharer.dk): Finished userdb lookup
>> (username=user at sharer.dk uid=? gid=? home=/data/mail/sharer.dk/user)
>> auth-master: userdb lookup(user at sharer.dk): Started userdb lookup
>> auth-master: userdb lookup(user at sharer.dk): auth USER input:
>> user at sharer.dk uid=? gid=? home=/data/mail/sharer.dk/user
>> auth-master: userdb lookup(user at sharer.dk): Finished userdb lookup
>> (username=user at sharer.dk uid=? gid=? home=/data/mail/sharer.dk/user)
>
> I've been trying a few things, still with no luck, but I noticed
> something that I find a bit strange.
>
> On the wiki-page, https://wiki.dovecot.org/SharedMailboxes/Shared, the
> following is stated
>
> "The location setting specifies how to access other users' mailboxes.
> If you use %%h, the user's home directory is asked from auth process
> via auth-userdb socket. See LDA for how to configure the socket. If
> the users' mailboxes can be found using a template, it's faster not to
> use the %%h."
>
> But, looking at my location setting in my shared namespace
>
>   location =
> maildir:/data/mail/%%d/%%n/maildir:INDEX=~/maildir/shared/%%u:INDEXPVT:~/maildir/shared/%%u
>
> I am not using %%h, but rather a template.  It still seems to trigger
> a used-db lookup (and it did not do this in my old setup)
>
> Could this be why it doesn't work? My user-lookup doesnt seem to
> return the full location (including /maildir), but only a home folder.

I've been trying various combinations of configuration, with no luck, is
it possible to enable more debug logging than mail_debug?

As a last-ditch effort I also tried the symlinking suggedted in
https://wiki.dovecot.org/SharedMailboxes/Symlinks but this does not work
either, I get a SUBSCRIBE BUG when I try and subscribe to the folder
(which is visible) from Roundcube. (I am symlinking directly to the
maildir folder, and not a sub-box, as I need access to the regular
inbox)

How do I report this as a bug?  I can't seem to find a Dovecot issue
tracker anywhere.

--
Peter Reinhold