smtp_address_cmp does not ignore case of localpart

Andreas Jobs andreas.jobs at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Feb 11 23:43:21 EET 2019

Hi,

in src/lib-smtp/smtp-address.c line 759 the localpart is compared with
null_strcmp, which does not ignore the case. While this is the correct
behavior (according to the RFC) it causes problems in real life.

In my case the vacation notices are not sent, if someone writes to
First.Last at ruhr-uni-bochum.de because :addresses contains (only)
first.last at ruhr-uni-bochum.de.

Regards,
Andreas

--
! AJ3630-RIPE @ RUB8-RIPE                        Network Operation Center !
! Dezernat 5.I                                   Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum !