Assistance with doveadm backup...

SH Development listaccount at starionline.com
Thu Feb 21 09:06:06 EET 2019

Sorry for being such a newbie when it comes to scripting.  Created a directory for the backups on the network mounted volume.  Changed the appropriate path and am getting this:

dsync(root): Error: user nfsnobody: Initialization failed: Namespace 'INBOX.': mkdir(/mnt/maelstrombackups/vmailbackup/nfsnobody) failed: Permission denied (euid=5000(vmail) egid=5000(vmail) missing +w perm: /mnt/maelstrombackups/vmailbackup, euid is not dir owner)
dsync(root): Fatal: User init failed
Backup done for user: nfsnobody ...
dsync(root): Error: user vmail: Initialization failed: Namespace 'INBOX.': mkdir(/mnt/maelstrombackups/vmailbackup/vmail) failed: Permission denied (euid=5000(vmail) egid=5000(vmail) missing +w perm: /mnt/maelstrombackups/vmailbackup, euid is not dir owner)
dsync(root): Fatal: User init failed
Backup done for user: vmail …

After running the script, I suddenly have two new directories in my vmail folder, “nfsnobody” and “vmail”.  What are these users?

Jeff