Changing the imaps port #

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Tue Jan 22 06:46:20 EET 2019

On 21 Jan 2019, at 20:17, Patrick Mahan <plmahan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Due to comcast buisness ISP intercepting imaps

At you sure about that? I've been using comcast business for 7 years and the do not block 143, 993 587 or 25. they do block 110, but that's fine, I stopped supporting POP around 2001.

Other than 110, they block DHCP, NETBIOS, SNMP, and ports 445, 520, and 1080. They will block port 25 on a individual basis, but I've no idea what their criteria is for that.

> I need to have my clients connect to non-standard port (9999).  Previously I had been using stunnel to receive the imaps connection and forward it to the imap port over 127.0.0.1.  But I would like to retire stunnel and have my imap clients connect remotely.

An stunnel or a reverse proxy is the best way to do this, honestly.

As for why your config isn't working, my only guess is maybe you need to specify ssl?

 inet_listener imaps {
      port = 999
      ssl = yes
   }

?

--
If you write the word "monkey" a million times, do you start to think you're
Shakespeare? -- Steven Wright