Changing the imaps port #

Patrick Mahan plmahan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 06:58:55 EET 2019

Yes, I am pretty sure about that.  I originally was connected via AT&T DSL
but wanted the fast access of cable modem.  I need permanent IPs which
required me to contract with Comcast buisness.  Once I switched over, I was
no longer able to access my imap server, which was as I mentioned, stunnel
listening on the imaps port and forwarding to dovecot listening on the imap
port.

I was getting connection refused on my laptop (thunderbird) email client
when I was not at home.  I validated that it was not because it was
reaching my email server.  So who ever was rejecting it, I assumed it was
somewhere inside the comcast network.  Once I switch to a non-standard
port, I was able to connect again.

Re needing to say ssl = yes, I thought that was implied for imaps?

I can go back to stunnel, just thought it was an unnecessary layer.

Thanks,

Patrick