Dovecot behind Load Balancer

Paolo Daniele paolo.daniele at tlcweb.it
Wed Jul 10 11:31:47 EEST 2019

Il 10/07/19 10:27, Aki Tuomi ha scritto:

>>> Have you ensured, by checking logs, that the connections are seen by dovecot to come from public IP addresses?
>>>
>>> Also, thunderbird is known to open lots of concurrent connections.
>>>
>>> Aki
>> Yes,
>> connections are coming from the ip address of load balancer (also
>> checked with a netstat -an)
>> I know that thunderbird has this problem and i haven't problem since the
>> numbers of email domain increase.
>> I'm not sure the impact of rising the max user ip to an higher value in
>> terms of ram consumption and cpu
>> Any suggestion?
>> Thanks for your answer!
>> Paolo
>>
> What's your current limit? The default value is 100.
>
> Aki
Actually:

mail_max_userip_connections = 500

Thanks,
Paolo

Paolo Daniele                     E-mail: paolo.daniele at tlcweb.it
Intendo s.r.l.                    Mobile: +39 388 9887357
Business Unit TLCWEB              Tel.:   +39 0968 430786
Via Coschi, 11                    Skype:  paolo_daniele1
88046 - Lamezia Terme, Cz         Web:    http://www.tlcweb.it
Italia                            Web:    http://www.intendo.it