Dovecot behind Load Balancer

Sami Ketola Sami.Ketola at Open-Xchange.com
Wed Jul 10 11:27:32 EEST 2019

> On 10 Jul 2019, at 11.24, Paolo Daniele via dovecot <dovecot at dovecot.org> wrote:
>
> connections are coming from the ip address of load balancer (also checked with a netstat -an)
> I know that thunderbird has this problem and i haven't problem since the numbers of email domain increase.
> I'm not sure the impact of rising the max user ip to an higher value in terms of ram consumption and cpu
> Any suggestion?

At some point in time thunderbird opened 1 connection per email folder on destination. So if you have 20 folders
thunderbird would open 20 connections. Not sure if it is still true with current thunderbird versions.

There is a limit on thunderbird config that controls this.

Sami