Some questions

Bardot Jérôme bardot.jerome at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 15:06:21 EEST 2019

Le 09/07/2019 à 17:28, Daniel Miller via dovecot a écrit :

> On 7/9/2019 6:17 AM, Jérôme Bardot via dovecot wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> This is my first email here.
>> I want to understand well how dovecot is integrate with ldap in a
>> postfix/dovecot/ldap setup.
>> I use a debian server.
>
> Perfectly!
>

>> More specifically what dovecot need in ldap to work.
>> I saw we can use several "mode" related to virtual domain, etc. For
>> "start" i only need one domain with several address.
>> I currently use fusiondirectory for manage my ldap users. i guess i
>> can use that schema to auto create users email
>> (name.firstname at domain.tld for ie) ?
>> I also want to setup some aliases and share directory based on ldap
>> group/role can i do it ?
>>
>> An other question is can we have two domain name for imap.domain.tld
>> && smtp.domain.tld ?
>
> Yes.
There is some documentation somewhere on it ?

> Dovecot & Postfix have no "hard" schema, or database definition, or
> particular fields. You need to create map files which tell each server
> how to use the information from LDAP (or any other database). Each
> server (Postfix & Dovecot) have their own configuration which is
> separate from each other. So you need to start with one or the other.
> Postfix questions should be asked on the Postfix list.
>
> Everything you asked for above is easily doable - just start with one
> step at a time. Ask specific questions when you get stuck.

The map part stuck me at this time. Can i found somewhere a list of
field should/can be map ? I think i’m ok with postfix conf if i
understand well i can delegate pretty all stuff to dovecot/ldap.

An other question is :

For all vitual stuff i always use a new user (system) with a custom
home, all stuff i read are not clear for me about this point. There is
some diagram with technical stuff about dovecot ?

Thx