Dovecot release v2.3.7

Eirik Rye rye at trojka.no
Tue Jul 16 12:17:03 EEST 2019

Version 2.3.7 appears to break director ring sync. After upgrading, our
logs are full of these kinds of messages:

Jul 14 04:09:20 yyy dovecot: director: Error: director: User xxx host
lookup failed: Timeout because ring not synced - queued for 30 secs
(Ring not synced for 1410 secs, hash=271838221)
Jul 14 04:09:20 yyy dovecot: director: Error: director: User xxx host
lookup failed: Timeout because ring not synced - queued for 30 secs
(Ring not synced for 1410 secs, hash=3482757093)

As well as:

Jul 14 04:09:21 yyy dovecot: director: Error: Ring SYNC seq=53 appears
to have got lost, resending

These are absent from the logs prior to July 12.

I have downgraded to 2.3.6 in hopes of resolving the issue.

Regards,
Eirik Rye