Autoexpunge not working for Junk?

Amir Caspi cepheid at 3phase.com
Thu Jul 25 07:18:40 EEST 2019

Hi all,

	I set up dovecot a couple of months ago and am having trouble getting autoexpunge=30d to work on my Trash and Junk mailboxes.  Not sure why not because I'm not getting error messages in my log.
	Running "doveadm search -u <user> mailbox Junk savedbefore 30d" shows me many messages (I've got messages back to mid-May, and a couple of other users have them back to early April, although if this setting were working, there should be nothing earlier than June 24).  Running a manual doveadm expunge works fine... it's just autoexpunge that seems to not be running at all.

I'm using sendmail as the MTA and procmail as the LDA, so dovecot is running purely for IMAP/POP service.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

doveconf -n:
# 2.2.36 (1f10bfa63): /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 3.10.0-957.21.3.el7.x86_64 x86_64 CentOS Linux release 7.6.1810 (Core)
# Hostname: REDACTED
auth_username_format = %Ln
first_valid_uid = 1000
mail_location = mbox:~/mail:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/%u
mailbox_list_index = yes
mbox_write_locks = fcntl
namespace compat1 {
  alias_for =