Migrated from maildir to sdbox: questions

Ranbir m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca
Thu Jun 13 15:29:38 EEST 2019

Hi Everyone,

I migrated my maildir mailboxes to sdbox without any show stopping
errors, but I did see this during the migration and now I'm also seeing
it in the log:

Warning: quota: Namespace '' is not Maildir, skipping for Maildir++ quota

I'm not quite sure why this is happening. Any ideas?

I am using a "public" namespace for several mailboxes to share emails:

# public namespace configuration
namespace {
  type = public
  # the default separator for Maildir is ".", so that is what should be
  # used automatically.
  separator = .
  prefix = Public.
  location = maildir:/var/spool/mail/thesandhufamily.ca/public
  subscriptions = no
}

Under the "public" dir in the old maildir setup, I have folders
configured for various mail accounts. For example:

.Junk
.Bills

etc.

These "users" are setup in a passwd file so that I can use a different
mail storage location for them than the one they get from ldap (same as
above).

Using dsync to migrate my other mailboxes was easy, but I don't know
how to migrate these public mailboxes. I looked through the wiki and
didn't see anything about how to do it. Could someone explain how I can
migrate the public mailboxes?

--
Ranbir