Dovecot replication and userdb "noreplicate".

Reio Remma reio at mrstuudio.ee
Sat Jun 22 22:00:06 EEST 2019

Hello!

I finally took the time and spent two days to set up replication for my
server and now I have a question or two.

I initially set noreplicate userdb field to 1 for all but a test user,
but I could still see in the logs that all mailboxes were trying to
connect to the other server via SSH. Is that normal?

Jun 22 16:55:22 host dovecot: dsync-local(user at host.ee)<>: Error: Remote
command returned error 84: ssh -i /home/vmail/.ssh/vmail.pem -l vmail
backup.host.ee doveadm dsync-server -D -u user at host.ee

Then I ended up setting mail_replica in userdb for only my test user,
but I could still see in the logs that it was trying to sync the others
as well, despite mail_replica being 0 for the rest.

Jun 22 20:52:59 host dovecot: doveadm(user at host.ee): Fatal: -N parameter
requires syncing with remote host

I also notice (and read from recent posts) that sieve script replication
doesn't work at all.

Dovecot v2.3.6 and Pigeonhole from the official Dovecot CentOS repo.

Thanks,
Reio
PS: Getting SSH for Dovecot to work with SELinux on CentOS 7 was fun as
usual. :)