Dovecot replication and userdb "noreplicate".

Aki Tuomi aki.tuomi at open-xchange.com
Mon Jun 24 08:21:56 EEST 2019

On 22.6.2019 22.00, Reio Remma via dovecot wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I finally took the time and spent two days to set up replication for
> my server and now I have a question or two.
>
> I initially set noreplicate userdb field to 1 for all but a test user,
> but I could still see in the logs that all mailboxes were trying to
> connect to the other server via SSH. Is that normal?
>
> Jun 22 16:55:22 host dovecot: dsync-local(user at host.ee)<>: Error:
> Remote command returned error 84: ssh -i /home/vmail/.ssh/vmail.pem -l
> vmail backup.host.ee doveadm dsync-server -D -u user at host.ee
>
> Then I ended up setting mail_replica in userdb for only my test user,
> but I could still see in the logs that it was trying to sync the
> others as well, despite mail_replica being 0 for the rest.
>
> Jun 22 20:52:59 host dovecot: doveadm(user at host.ee): Fatal: -N
> parameter requires syncing with remote host
>
> I also notice (and read from recent posts) that sieve script
> replication doesn't work at all.
>
> Dovecot v2.3.6 and Pigeonhole from the official Dovecot CentOS repo.
>
> Thanks,
> Reio
> PS: Getting SSH for Dovecot to work with SELinux on CentOS 7 was fun
> as usual. :)

Hi!

We are fixing this is 2.3.7, noreplicate works but causes errors. You
can try
https://github.com/dovecot/core/compare/6d5b4b5%5E..93945ec.patch if you
are compiling yourself.

Dovecot under selinux works, as long as you do it the way the policy
writer intended, see https://linux.die.net/man/8/dovecot_selinux

Aki