Removing a mailbox from a dovecot cluster

Gerald Galster list+dovecot at gcore.biz
Fri Mar 8 16:22:16 EET 2019

> Am 08.03.2019 um 14:46 schrieb Francis <francisd at gmail.com>:
>
> Le jeu. 7 mars 2019 à 17:03, Gerald Galster via dovecot <dovecot at dovecot.org <mailto:dovecot at dovecot.org>> a écrit :
>
> Why does "doveadm replicator status <myuser>" not return?
>
> I've tried the following commands on a replicated server (2.2.33.2), which all returned immediately:
>
> [root at server ~]# doveadm replicator status user at domain.com <mailto:user at domain.com>
> username         priority fast sync full sync success sync failed
> user at domain.com <mailto:user at domain.com>  none     12:30:32  12:30:32  12:30:31     -
>
> [root at server ~]# doveadm replicator remove user at domain.com <mailto:user at domain.com>
>
> [root at server ~]# doveadm replicator status user at domain.com <mailto:user at domain.com>
> username         priority fast sync full sync success sync failed
>                  (no additional output as replication is stopped)
>

> Hi,
>
> Sorry, I didn't express myself correctly. The output you see is the one I see too when the replication is off. When I say it doesn't return anything, I wanted to say it doesn't print anything else other than the header line. The replication has been disabled for more than 12 hours and I just sent an email to this account and the replication switched on by itself again. I see nothing about the replication in the logs.

Maybe someone from the dovecot team can tell more about the internals on why and when replication is activated again.

I'm solving that problem at the mta level: the email is inserted into postfix' access table where access is denied, so emails won't reach dovecot.
Maybe you can do something similar or set a flag in ldap that your mta can use to reject mails.

Best regards
Gerald