Am I right to assume certificate renewal with the same filename requires a dovecot reload/restart

Guido Goluke, MajorLabel info at majorlabel.nl
Thu Mar 14 10:14:16 EET 2019

Running dovecot 2.2, apologies if this question has been asked before:
I've done the research but couldn't find anything.

I run a server that uses dovecot as a MUA for Postfix and have a Let's
Encrypt certificate that auto-renews through certbot on Ubuntu server
16.04. Dovecot did not pick up on the new certificate for the hostname.
It did after a restart. To be clear: Let's Encrypt overwrites the
previous certificate using the same path and filename. Am I right to
assume that Dovecot needs a reload/restart after the certificate has
been renewed in order to 'pick up' on the new certificate and if so,
would I require a reload or a restart?

Thank you in advance

--
MajorLabel