Am I right to assume certificate renewal with the same filename requires a dovecot reload/restart

Yassine Chaouche a.chaouche at algerian-radio.dz
Thu Mar 14 10:32:00 EET 2019

The general answere here is try and see, as you could totally test it on
your own. The certificate is read at startup and put in memory for the
rest of the execution time. Dovecot won't monitor the file for changes
on disk, as this would waste CPU cycles and make dovecot only slower for
no reason. The process (or person) that changes the file is responsible
to restart dovecot to reload the new certificate in memory.

Yassine.