quota-service with Director - A workaround

Tom Sommer mail at tomsommer.dk
Wed Mar 20 17:13:43 EET 2019

I realize quota-service on Director is not supported, which is a shame.

As a workaround I'm thinking of setting up quota-service on one of my
backend nodes, and have all my Postfix services ask this one node for
the quota status.

This sort of defeats the purpose of the Director (having per-user
assigned hot nodes), since now this one node running the quota-service
will access all mailboxes to check the status of all inbound mail.

Is this a problem though? In terms of NFS locking etc. etc.?

--
Tom