mail_crypt not working on incoming messages?

Dave dave at momentumweb.com
Fri Mar 22 20:50:30 EET 2019

On 3/22/2019 12:48 PM, Aki Tuomi wrote:

>> What am I missing?  Does anyone have any thoughts as to why JUST
>> incoming messages aren't encrypted, but that messages moved into the
>> IMAP account DO get encrypted?  Did I set up something incorrectly? I'm
>> using sendmail as the MTA, if that matters, and messages are routed to
>> the user's Maildir folder structure using a .procmailrc in that user's
>> home folder.
>> -Dave
> Dovecot cannot magically encrypt your email, so it has to go thru dovecot-lda or lmtp. Procmail can call dovecot-lda, if you don't want to migrate to using sieve.
>
> Aki

Aki, that's what I was starting to gather from what was happening (ie,
that the incoming mail was outside of my particular setup of Dovecot's
"scope" in the mail process), but I just couldn't find the situation
referenced anywhere in any threads or in any documentation.  I'll
research the things you mentioned and figure out how best to integrate
one into my setup here.  I appreciate the response.
-Dave