Send folder disappeared

Esteban L esteban at little-beak.com
Sat Mar 23 01:59:30 EET 2019

Hello,

Dovecot 2.2.27

I have a strange issue, where my "Send" folder was absent in my
mailbox. It had been there before, fully functioning. Then, it was
gone.

I went into:
vi /etc/dovecot/conf.d/15-mailboxes.conf

And, noticed that my mailbox for Sent was no longer automatically
subscribed, so I changed it, and restarted dovecot.

> # For \Sent mailboxes there are two widely used names. We'll mark
> both of
>   # them as \Sent. User typically deletes one of them if duplicates
> are created.
>   mailbox Sent {
>     special_use = \Sent
>     auto = subscribe
>   }
>   mailbox "Sent Messages" {
>     special_use = \Sent
>   }
> }

Now, Sent shows up again, but email I send, doesn't show up in the sent
file?? The sent file is, and remains, empty.