Dovecot quota and Postfix smtpd_recipient_restrictions?

Yassine Chaouche a.chaouche at algerian-radio.dz
Sun Mar 24 08:10:23 EET 2019

On 3/21/19 10:17 PM, Davide Marchi via dovecot wrote:

> I've a doubt (again): Is it correct the the space between
> "[..]service" and "inet[..]"? As suggested here:
> https://blog.sys4.de/postfix-dovecot-mailbox-quota-en.html
>
> I've run:
>
> postconf smtpd_recipient_restrictions=check_policy_service
> inet:mailstore.example.com:12340
>
> but obtain the error:
>
> postconf: fatal: missing '=' after attribute name:
> "inet:mailstore.example.com:12340"
>
> Please, which is the correct syntax? :-)
>

> Thanks again!
>
> Davide

Davide,

I think this is the shell that is giving three arguments to postconf
instead of just one (beacuse of the space). In order to disable this,
you might want to try to put the whole argument between quotes. You also
forgot to give the command the -e switch in order to edit the main.cf
file. Try :

postconf -e smtpd_recipient_restrictions="check_policy_service
inet:mailstore.example.com:12340"

Yassine.