Hello some help on login users saying it's disabled

Joseph Tam jtam.home at gmail.com
Mon May 27 23:39:33 EEST 2019

> Hello I am experiencing some strange issue with the dovecot, the web
> round cube works fine but when I try to connect with an iPhone over
> IMAP IMAPs it tells me that the account is disabled.
>
> May 25 14:30:32 imap-login: Info: Aborted login (no auth attempts in 0 secs): user=<>, rip=...

It's probably the iPhone mail app trying to be clever and auto-configuring
the settings for IMAP (and getting it wrong).  To stop this behaviour, hardwire
the iPhone  IMAP parameters, then disable "Automatic manage connection".
If you use SSL/TLS, this will also secure you from plaintext MITM attacks.

Other oddities I've seen from Apple mail readers:

 	1) If you don't disable "Automatic manage connection", it will
 		also hunt around for outgoing mail settings.

 	2) Once in a while, it initiates an idle authenticated SMTP session
 		(i.e. authenticates, but does nothing).

 	3) Roofs your user IMAP connection limit when the client does
 		global mail searches.

Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>