Hello some help on login users saying it's disabled

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Tue May 28 00:42:56 EEST 2019

On 25 May 2019, at 15:34, Remo Mattei via dovecot <dovecot at dovecot.org> wrote:
> Hello I am experiencing some strange issue with the dovecot, the web round cube works fine but when I try to connect with an iPhone over IMAP IMAPs it tells me that the account is disabled.

Should be fine. Most my users use iOS without any issue, and the ones that don't use Roundcube.

There is no special configuration that iOS needs, simply setup the accounts as IMAP and it does the right thing. The only thing that MIGHT be a slight issue is the name of the Sent folder, but that is easily changed to match what your server uses and is only a minor issue if it is not correct.

If your server is supporting insecure authentication methods like SSLv2 or SSLv3, that could be an issue. iOS is pretty strict as to what it will accept.

> May 25 14:30:32 imap-login: Info: Aborted login (no auth attempts in 0 secs): user=<>, rip=172.10.163.251, lip=208.53.44.237, session=<4AZjBr2J2cisCqP7>

This looks like the iOS devices are not seeing the proper security information, so are not sending a user name. The account => Advanced settings should be set:

Use SSL: [x]
Authentication: Password (probably)
IMAP Path Prefix: / (probably)
Server Port: 993

and your server should support modern security protocols.

But these should all be set correctly when the account is added as iOS is very good about configuring the accounts on initial setup.