MariaDB database for users and passwords?

Ken Wright wizard at bnnorth.net
Thu Nov 7 05:23:45 EET 2019

Greetings, All!

I've got an email server set up with Postfix and Dovecot, but Dovecot
can't find any users.  I'd ilke to use the database I set up in MariaDB
for users (referenced by Postfix), but I'm just not sure how to do it.
There's a line in dovecot.conf specifying /etc/dovecot/passwd.db, but
obviously that's not the one I set up in MariaDB.  Is what I want even
possible?

Ken

--
Registered Linux user #483005

If you ever think international relations make sense, remember this:
because a Serb shot an Austrian in Bosnia, Germany invaded Belgium.